full body neuropathic Pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

What to do?  Gabapention is not working and the pain is no longer just in my arms and legs. on my back and belly it almost feels like sunburn.  Any ideas? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Lidiciane patches are a very good pain relief for neuropathy I use them

On my feet also a high dose of slow release tramadol

• Posted

What othr drugs are yu taking? Opiates an cause neuropathic pain according to my neurologist.
  • Posted

Hi cathy1962, do some internet searches regarding histamine and neuropathy to see if your troubles are being caused by histamine intolerance. Wish you all, all the best in your search for relief.
  • Posted

Have you been diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy? This is just one of my many symptoms and my neurologist has me on Gabapentin 600mg QID and Cymbalta 60mg QD. It isn't working for me and I'm scheduled to have a skin biopsy to confirm the diagnoses. I'm about to loose my mind because the doctors have no idea what is causing all of it.

• Posted

Could well be fbromyalgia.

That all over deep burning leg pain accompanied by a sunburn feel all over and it hurts to move.

It feeks like the skin but it isnt its nerve pain.

gabapentin and pregabalin are hit and miss and in some instances they can make it worse.

it also gets worse when you concentrate on it distraction helps to reduce it but I know it's difficult.

Be wary of diet triggers:- caffeine, sugars incl fruits and sweets, bad carbs, gluten.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.