Nearly time

Posted , 3 users are following.

Monday I will be having the injection , scared of injections as it is . But hope I have , postive thinking I have to have . Doctor wouldn't give me diazapam as he said I best off asking at hospital.

So am gonna ring up in morning see if this be possible

Could someone tell me how I should feel after having injection pain etc etc

Any tips or advice be good coz I am so scared at mo

Thanks people

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna

There really isn't much to this procedure in my experience. It's over within 15 minutes. You will have a bit of local soreness that goes in a day or so. You may be slightly numb in your buttock or leg depending on the location of the injection due to the local anaesthetic. It can take a few days to have any meaningful painkilling effect (once the local wears off) as you are actually waiting for the nerve to respond to the steroids and the inflammation to reduce. That is not an immediate effect by any means.

Honestly, don't bother getting worked up over an epidural injection. It's not the most fun way to spend the time but it's really pretty innocuous in the grand scheme of things.

• Posted

Thanks so much I am nervous, me back me leg numb anyway . Don't have much feeling in it . Am shocked am even in this postion thought after 4 months it would of gone itself

Aw well I just wait and see what happens and hope injection works

Thanks again

• Posted

Just relax I was 💩 My self the afterward s was worse the procedure not so bad . But I developed a fever after mine spent 5 days in hospital and it didn't work. But here's hoping it works for u we are all different so don't let bad experience s put u off. As there is good ones to 🤔

• Posted

Oh gosh , for once I need bit of luck . I need this to work , I know I won't sleep much to nite . Question , will I be alrite walking after . As will I be completely numb ?

• Posted

Well they say not to drive for 24 hrs but mine didn't make me that numb where I couldn't walk . They don't normally let u go home till the see u walking ok.

• Posted

Hi Donna Hope everything goes ok for you which I am sure it will do. Sometimes and in most cases the fear of a procedure is far worse than the actual thing. I dreaded the idea of a MRI as I suffer from genuine claustraphobia but in the end thought its to be done just get on with it. Hopefully this will give you some welcome relief. I`m 4 months in now, still there but getting better.
    • Posted

Thanks am 4 months in and it's a lot better then it was . But it just won't go to my be I need little bit of help. I know I have to have this done . Just nervous and me appointment so late tomorrow .

Thank you for support

• Posted

Hi Donna Have been thinking about you today. My husband is a vet and has carried out this procedure 100s of times in various areas with no problems. As Michael says you have a local and don`t think you can see the injection which will help. A tetanus injection will be sore for a few days so nothing out of the ordinary. Anyway sleep well by tomorrow evening it will all be over  just relax .
    • Posted

Thank you to everyone that's give advice , just have to wait till 5.20 tomorrow late afternoon so gonna be along day tomorrow. Still nervous but guess that comes with the unexpected.

Thanks everyone and as soon as I can I keep you updated on how it went xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.