Back pain leg pain arm pain breast pain / dermoid cyst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys, I'm 22 and I've been having a pretty horrible month. 3 weeks ago I went to the ER because I started to have horrible back pain (lower and in the middle right near my kidneys) and abdominal pain on my right side which they did a CT scan for and found out I had a dermoid cyst on my left ovary which is about 2.8 cm which they said could be causing some of my pain. I thought that was weird because most of my pain is on the right. I've also had leg pain and tingling down my legs all the way to my ankles. Along with the CT scan they also did a urine sample and said I had a UTI. They told me to follow up with my gynecologist and sent me on my way. I finished the round of antibiotics that the hospital gave me and didn't feel a bit better. I saw my gynecologist and he sent me for an ultrasound so he could get a better look at the dermoid.

Because I've been in so much pain I figured that there was a chance I still had a uti so I went to an urgent care and they gave me bactrim, which also didn't help ease my pain. 3 days into my antibiotic I got a call from the doctor and said there was actually no bacteria in my pee so now it's back to guessing what's wrong with me and I'm starting to go crazy. sad

For about two weeks now I have been experiencing a new symptom - the bottom of my right breast hurts and the pain continues all the way from my breast to my armpit and all the way down my arm. I did a breast exam and felt a lump so now I'm terrified. I haven't felt good in about a month and I'm absolutely miserable. Does anyone have any experience with breast pain like this / any of the other symptoms I've been having? I have to follow up with my gynecologist soon and I'll ask him to check it out but I'm just looking for some answers to keep my mind at ease.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How big is the lump? Does it hurt? And how close are you to coming on your period?
    • Posted

I would say it's the size of a bean, that area of my breast hurts & i actually just started my period today.

• Posted

It's probably because of hormone changes do another breast exam a week after your period is over

• Posted

I think your pain in breast can be caused by stress you are going through. It must be hard to keep calm for sure given you are in pain. Did you try warm compresses on your breast? I had cysts in the past on my ovaries and they are very painful.

I'm much older than you and one thing I had to do is to change my diet.

The anxiety of it all may actually cause the pain too. Physical symptoms are very common. Try to relax. It is probably nothing.

Hugs

• Posted

Update: I saw my obgyn and she ordered a mammogram and ultrasound.

Lately I've been feeling feverish and nauseous. I haven't been able to finish food and idk if it's anxiety or if I'm actually sick. I've also been feeling really tired. I'm very very nervous that I'm sick. sad

Ultrasound & mammogram on Friday. Keep me in your prayers please.

• Posted

For my lump in my breast my doctor ordered an mammogram also because of its size and when I got there the doctors were surprised. They said they usually don't have patient's this young. She said because I was 21 years old it wouldn't be the best idea to put radiation on my breast. So they just did an ultrasound. And an biopsy. I was worried also and also felt nauseous until my test were over. I was only feeling this way because I was nervous and panicking that something may be wrong. It turned out I have fibroandema and everything was fine. So my best advice is stay calm all the odds are in your favor. Every thing will be fine! 😉 I will keep you in my prayers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.