ME/CFS and Chrone's Disease?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am wondering if CFS resulting in an overactive immune system has been connected to Chrone's Disease?  I have the symptoms, but I'm wondering if Chrone's and CFS often go together.  Any of you know?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Phillis.

in my opinion, there are many pathways  to ME/CFS, from physical/psychological shock to the body, viral infections, low vitamin B12,  to mention a few. different people tend to express their condition in different ways. it's a rather individual condition.  however, there are 'core symptoms' that practically everybody will have. If u are in the UK have a look at the NICE guidelines, as they give the diagnostic criteria.  fatigue after exertion is a universal symptom. the immune system can be hypo or hyper (auto immune) functioning.  there are other 'core symptoms' too and a host of lesser pronounced symptoms. if u have ME/CFS , I hope you get an early diagnosis and intervention  as these two are important factors to a timely recovery.

take care

C

• Posted

Wrote a reply and decided to delete it, Caitlin. Then typed this:  I don't have any hope of getting well.  I was diagosed over 20 years ago.  Intervention?  Didn't  happen.  No one knew what to do with me then, and they still don't seem to know what to do to help.  I've given up. I have, at age 82, absolutely no hope for recovery. Just posted because I wondered if anyone with ME/CFS knew if Chrone's went along with it.  But it really doesn't matter.  At my age the trick is just to enjoy each day as best as I can.  Each day has something good in it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.