Test for bowel/colon cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went to the hospital 10 days ago with severe stomach pain mainly right side and awful acid reflux and nausea that I never got before , the pain got worse so do done a laproscopy, there was bleeding in the pelvis and loads of adhesions on my colon(no previous surgery)my colon was stuck to my stomach, they took my appendix but said they looked OK, im 39 and have had a dodgy stomach for as long as I can remember, my mother died of colon/bowel cancer (familial hereditary) two uncles had it in 40's and grandmother and her brother , dr is doing a colonoscopy and endoscopy in 6 weeks once I've healed from surgery, I am so scared

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sabrina-you are going through a very unlucky set of circumstances-but you need investigating-it's better to know the facts (I know it can be horrible sometimes-I've been there too). 

Don't be afraid -you are young and strong (I was nearly 70 when I had my op-bowel cancer- was in my father's family so I had it-but never thought I would)!I'm still here and pleased to be so).

Once a diagnosis has been sorted you will soon feel at ease with yourself-hope your condition will improve after whatever needs to be done).Ask questions with whoever you speak to either doc/colo rectal nurse-I'm sure they will do all they can to help you feel less stressed. Also speak to General Practitioner (do you live in UK) and seek his advice if needed.

Good Luck

Susan

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Susan, I live in Ireland. I am an awful worrier and have myself dead and buried already , I don't know how I will cope for 6 weeks not knowing, glad you are doing ok now

• Posted

I had the same waiting time - I didn't know what I had until after the colonoscopy-when the colon team wanted to speak to my husband I felt as if my heart was in my stomach.

You will be okay - have to think positively-

I'll be thinking of you-do let this website know how you are doing after tests etc! Don't forget to ask as much as you need to know.

Best wishes

Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.