Need help with lab results

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 45 years old, I have low TSH for almost 10 years now but was asymptomatic.  Last fall I started having symptoms so I went to see my family doctor and I saw my endo beginning of February and she sent me for some blood work. 

Here the results of some of my tests:

TSH .55 range .32-4 mIU/L

FT3 4.6 range 3.1-6.2 pmol/L

RT3 20 range 8-25 ng/dL

FT4 12 range 9-19 pmol/L

Prolactin 28.2 range 5.0-27 ug/L

cortisol am 457 range 135-537 nmol/L

transglutaminase Ab IgA negative

endomysial antibodies negative

nuclear antibody positive

vitamin b12 493 range 138-652 pmol/L

ferritin 31 range 5-272 ug/L

My symptoms include:

heart palpitations

headaches

tremors

hair loss

low blood pressure

cold intolerance

difficulty concentrating

brain fog

fatigue

joint and muscle pain/weakness

depression

mood swings

irritability

bowel changes

low libido

dry skin and sometimes itchy

eyebrowns at the outer edge are non existent

weight loss

Can anyone help me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry your feeling so bad. My tsh is .28 and I have lots of symptoms too just wondering if you have a taste on nails and skin? I have this and cant fin anyone else who is suffering the same
    • Posted

I'm a nail biter and I have a rancid taste on my nails and skin around my nails. Tastes like a metalic/dirty dish cloth taste. Sorry don't know how else to describe it!

• Posted

I'd reply, but this website keeps crashing.

Your symptoms with low end thyroxins and high end rT3 could indicate hypothyroidism caused by heavy metal toxicity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.