Bilateral PEs with infarctions. In a lot of pain. When should I return to the ER?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with bilateral PEs with infarctions. I am having severe pain on the left side around the rib cage. At times it feels more painful than when I originally went into the emergency department for the initial diagnosis.

I want to know if there are certain symptoms during recovery that I should watch for?

When would I need to return to the emergency department?

It has been a little over a month, the PEs were caused from a previous surgery. I am on blood thinners. I just can't function the pain has been so severe the past few days. Typically it is better in the morning and gets worse as the day progresses.

I can't find anything online that tells me when and if I should return to the emergency department.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Shannon if the pain is that bad you should get checked out. Such a serious illness . Thinking of you. Let me know how you get in. x
    • Posted

Thanks Lizzie. I know my pcp said it will take 2-3 months for the pain to subside from this but I am concerned because it is just as bad if not worse than it was initially. I don't see much online about what to look for after leaving the hospital.

• Posted

It is very scary. But I go by what my body tells me is right or wrong. I have clots in both sides and right ventricular strain but what is infarction. ? Hope you feeling a bit brighter today. xx
  • Posted

I go on the side of caution. If the pain gets that bad go to the ER and while you are being checked ask them what should be the sign that tells to to come. If it is causing heart strain then it should always be checked. You only have one of those.

My pain will lesson when I lay down slow my breathing and rest. If this doesn't do the trick then I get it checked out.

• Posted

Yes I agree with that Windy. Not worth taking any chances with the heart. Hope you get some advice from A& E. Shannon.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.