Nausea after kidney stone passing?

Posted , 2 users are following.

After I went to the ER with standard 'impossible pain' the catscan showed a stone was lodged about 2 inches from my bladder.  While I tested clear for infection, the main symptom before and during was a constant bladder irritation that felt like UTI but that the doc said was the blockage.   Finally, a month and a lot of water later (5 days ago) the UTI and pain suddenly stopped and I'm pretty sure the kidney stone is gone.  But now I'm nauseated and my digestive tract seems to have gone haywire.  Most food makes me nauseous and I'm not digesting well -- particularly fat.  I know that nausea is common with a kidney stone (anybody know why?) but is it the same afterward?   Also, I noticed on the blood tests when I went in that  a couple of liver indicators were high.  I'm willing to be patient if I'll get better-- after all the damn thing was blocking for a month --  and I've read where people say their systems do not seem to work properly for a while after a stone passing, but would like any advice on what to do to heal faster if that's the case and some reassurance that the rest of me isn't suddenly falling apart...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you found that you had a blockage from a stone in the ER that doctor whould have done immediate surgery.  But did you then go to you family doctor?  If not, why not?  You probably need another xray to find out if the stone is actually gone or not.  What makes you sure you passed it and who is to say the doctor may have missed seeing any more.  When a stone has grown onto your organs you hurt so bad you are not hungry therefore making you naucious  And if you are still naucious, I can only suggest you eat something ;You are not falling apart, you are just miserable from the pain  Ask your doctor for something to calm your nerves. Sorry I can't help you any more than this.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Smalltowngirl. The pseudo-UTI came on at exactly the same time as the stone (it would not respond to antibiotics) and I was told that it was a symptom of the nerves being affected by the stone blocking the passage.  Around here they don't do surgery right away -- they gave me tamulosin and said to take if for up to four weeks to dilate the ureter and help the stone pass.  When the UTI suddenly passed one morning after a month, I couldn't be quite sure but I'm pretty sure the stone passed with it....I do have a 'non-obstructing stone' in the left side kidney and all medical people swear that can't cause pain or nausea -- but I am beginning to wonder now...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.