Help! Horrendous spots and bad ski

Posted , 7 users are following.

Help..! To add insult to injury with all other symptoms of the menopause, I'm on a losing battle with my skin. It' red and horrendously spotty and no matter what I try, it does not clear up. Everyday I wake up with a new breakouts.. I' use a tea tree spot treatment every day but I may as well not bother, the pores on my skin seem more exaggerated than before and I have to use a thick foundation to cover it all up. Can anyone recommend anything that has proven to be effective? Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Reb, same here! I know its risky but I find that when i have the really bad ones, a sunbed session is the only thing that kick starts the healing. I use sudocrem liberally at night (I think I heard/ read a famous Cheryl does!) and it helps reduce redness and dry them up, then once a week or when skins dry or flaky I do a peel off face mask to remove dead flakes, then use oil free moisturiser. Freederm gel is worth a try but gets expensive if you use it all the time. Like anything, it seems to work for a while then stop. Try sudocrem, cheap, gentle and for me, quite effective. Good luck x
    • Posted

Hi Julie

Thank you for these tips! I'll be trying the various suggestions to see What might work for me x

• Posted

Are you breaking out with pimples or welts? Is it rosacea, please give me a bit more details. Thanks.
    • Posted

It is more spots but my skin is also red but not overly on cheeks and s little on the nose. The spots are definitely pimples and. The redness is patch and blemishy. Ive heard of roscea but don't really know what it is. Thanks for replying.

• Posted

Hi Reb,

Tea tree oil is great, but it is an antiseptic and might be too drying for your skin. Dry skin over produces oil and can cause more break outs. It's like a cycle.  I've so been there!

As counter intuitive as it sounds, I use argan oil for my pimples and gigantic pores. For me, perimenopause made my skin very sensitive and over producing oil. The over production of oil gives me breakouts.  

The argan oil soothes the skin, balances the oil production and clears up the pimples. And, since like dissolves like, the sebum trapped in my pores dissolves. So my pores do look smaller. (The argan oil doesn't fight gravity, but with the pores smaller my skin does look more toned.) biggrin

• Posted

Thanks for this, I'd certainly not tried argon oil, except for my hair!! Lol x

• Posted

Hi

would you mind telling me which brand of Argan oil  you use please?

there is so many products out there that Im bamboozled by all the choice when I have tried searching on the internet

thank you smile

• Posted

Reb2211

Make sure your are drinking enough water to keep your skin hydrated and do you take a vitamin. D3 supplement?

• Posted

I think I'm ok on being hydrated but don't take a supplement,. You get vitamin D through the sun? so certainly dont get much this time of year... Or anytime in the UK lol. Thanks for the reply. 😉 x

• Posted

My skin was always oily and i had a lot of acne. In peri my skin improved at first, but last year it became sensitive and reactive. I tried several brands, and baby products and products based on rose oil worked best.
    • Posted

I haven't heard of Rose oil, that's a new one on me! Thanks for the advicesmile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.