PAE In Brisbane Australia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had PAE proceedure 4 weeks ago in Brisbane. It went well, some pain for a week, but tolerable. Is successful so far. Both arteries have been blocked. Symptoms are 95%

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for your post allan. What do you mean when you say symtoms are 95%? They're 5% better?

• Posted

Sorry about that. 95% better. Was getting up 5 times a night and finding it very difficult and painful to urinate at night. Now no pain, get up about once. At this stage the op was a success.
    • Posted

Glad to hear you're doing so well. How long did it take for improvement to start?

• Posted

From the start of the second week. The only negative so far is. The doc has not checked up on me. I have a slight dribble, getting better with palvic exercise. Some times a sharp pain in groin, may not be related to op. The op itself was ok. Had some pain first week then bit by bit less pain, now no pain
  • Posted

good luck ... glad you are doing so well. I am 15 months removed from my PAE procedure and doing well so far. The best part was getting off the flomax.
    • Posted

I am considering either PAE or FLA and would appreciate hearing of your experience and results from the PAE. I have been on flomax for several years and would love to stop taking it.
    • Posted

hi Richard ... I was one flomax for a very long time. Started with one pill a day and the last three years or so before my PAE procedure I was on 2 a day. So far so good. I have been off Flomax for almost 14 months. During the last 14 months my sex life has improved. I continued on flomax long enough to be sure on the what procedure I wanted to try. I had been following the progress of PAE for six years before I decided to go forward with the procedure. It was pretty simple in my case and the procedure lasted 2 1/2 hours. The doctor entered my artery on the wrist instead of the fenoral artery which has less chance of problems with bleeding.

It took 5-6 weeks to completely get off flomax. The day after the procedure I was down to one pill a day.

I am peeing as well as I did when I was on 2 flomax pills a day. I still have to be careful to wait a few seconds after I think I have finished peeing since at least half the time I have a little extra that comes out. This has not been a problem for me. I can now hold it for an hour or two if driving or at an activity of some kind which is a great improvement. I can sleep all night if I do not drink something within an hour or so of going to bed. I never get up more than one time a night and usually do not get up at all.

I am probably at my max. improvement, so I gave the success of the procedure a B.

At the time I had mine done they were not as aggressive as they are now. My PSA dropped from 12 to 3.7.. I understood at the time I had the procedure that I would have to have it done again at sometime in the future due to the continued growth of the prostate.

As I understand it you can have any of the other procedures after PAE if it does not work. There are several individuals who have posted before that did not have my level of success and others who had better results.

I think the doctor you choose is the most important decision you will have to make since all doctors are not created equal.

Good luck to you on what ever procedure you choose.

ed

• Posted

The University of North Carolina Medical Center. At the time of my procedure he had done about 40 PAE procedures.
    • Posted

yes.. I understand he is more aggressive in reducing the blood supply which should reduce the prostate size more than when I had mine done Oct 2015.

good luck

I considered having the procedure done in Lisbon since the cost was the same as I paid in North Carolina. The price I am using for Lisbon included airfare and a week stay. Might be nice to get a vacation to Portugal our of the deal.. LOL

• Posted

Allan;

How about publishing your results on our survey page:  BPH Treatment Results?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.