Aripiprazole side effects?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I began taking 1/2 of a 2 MG pill on 2/10 and saw an almost immediate improvement in serious depression and complicated grief/ptsd.  BUT I am very sensitive to meds and what is now happening is:

My resting pulse went from 65 to mid 80s at night (I take the pill in the AM)

I am staying up later and later, don't want to go to sleep, then have very odd dreams

I am having preventricular contractions (PVCs) frequently, these are benign but it is beginning to be scary

Has anyone else had these side effects?  I've left a message for my P Dr., I did not take the med this morning.  TY.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You need to take the full dose as agreed with your GP 

Medications can cause side effects, although if you are taking half doses you will not get the full benefit of your mediation. However if you  are getting side effects talk to your Doctor

Be brave with your medications and follow your Doctors advise

BOB

• Posted

She's not a GP, she's a psychiatrist.  1/2 of the 2MG pill is what she prescribed, not the full dose.  Rapid heart rate is not an acceptable side effect.  I'm looking for other people who have had reactions like this to see what happened.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.