Fluoxetine. Anyone that can help ????

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi suffered from anxiety for over 10 years.

Recently been put on fluoxetine gone from 10mg after 2 weeks to 20 mg which i habe been taking 3 weeks nearly. Seeing very little change; still feeling very anxious and agraphobic!! Had anyone been on this and how long did it take to work for you ?? Also did you have new symptomatic when u upd the dose

Thanks in advance for any help; feeling lost and worried this will never past

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Em Lisa - these tabs can take a while x mine started working week 8-9 but this could be different for everyone. Suffered with Agra phobia also . The symptoms are awful - keep busy and eat well . I am left with a little depression now I have been p for 13 weeks x I'm on 40 mg but only upped then 2 1/2 weeks ago so that's why I'm feeling not 100% yet x be postitive they won't last I promise x taking proponanol which helps with anxious symptoms xx

• Posted

Thank you for takinh the time to respond .. u have given me hope xx
    • Posted

Hi Em Lisa x I am glad I have give u hope . Yes I have problems going out alone or even travelling anywhere but problems relaxing at home .
    • Posted

Sorry for all the questions andrea49412 but did they help with the going out alone etc ?
  • Posted

Yes, yes and yes....it will take time I started back on prozac after trying to weine off 4 months ago we had a death and a divorce at the same time.  I went back on but it was very bumpy not like the first time.  I started out on 20 mg then 3 week later upped to 30mg.  I felt worse and wondered like you when will I fill better.  I do feel better now it has been almost 4 weeks.  It will take time to build up in you system but it will get better hang in there.  I did alot of internet searching and found that the number one question was when will I feel better and the number one answer was it will take time.  Keep busy doing things and drink lots of water.
    • Posted

thank you .. im trying just hard to keep busy when u just want to stay home and so scared to go out alone .. im praying for the morning i wake feeling better ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.