Neck issues - what doc do I see? - cannot find anything about it anywhere

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have posted here before but I cannot remember if it was for the same reason. But I am going nuts over this.

The back of my jaw feels extremely tight. There's a lot of pressure back there and it feels like my head is going to pop. When I press on the back of my neck, directly under the skull, the pressure dissipates. Then when I let go, it's back.

Sometimes, it makes my eyes water and I also feel pressure in my ears.

What in the ever loving heck is this??? I cannot find anything about it online, anywhere!! I have been to chiropractor. I have had MRI with contrast of my entire spine. I thought maybe atlas subluxation but was told it would show on MRI???

I can't do this anymore.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Not everything shows up in X-rays or MRI's. Been there done that. I had neck problems for years . My doc told me not to lift push or pull anything for 5 months and wear a soft neck brace . Also sleep,with neck,pillow. And treat with heat. 

After a few months it resolved itself but I still have to be mindful of movement. As it turns out its degenerative arthritis. Your pain sounds similar however may not be the same diagnosis as mine. I do not know your health history or meds you may be taking. Just from my experience remember to Protect your neck at all times even when turning next while driving and by taking anti inflammatory meds helps too. 

It took months to finally get it get it under control .  

Kind Regards

Hopexxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.