Mirtazapine reassurance.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am reducing my medication, i just really hate my symptoms at the moment, nothing seems to be getting any easier, my eyes are very sore plus really bad dizziness and tension headaches. I work nightshift too which i do feel is having an impact on my current state of mind and constant fatigue. Does someone relate? Would like to hear thankyou.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are they withdrawal symptoms ?

Have you had tension headaches before ?

How slow are you tapering ?

• Posted

Hey im currently tapering off 15 mg i reduced 1/4 mg by cutting down the centre of my circle pill and then quarterly i taperd on this level for 1 month. Then straight down centre of my pill to make it half 7.5 for another month. But due to my medication prescribed changing from circle to soltab smaller narrow shape im unable to cut my pill equal if you know what i mean. Im stuck any help thankyou.
  • Posted

Sarah has good questions.  I have had dry eye irritation from decreasing ADs so this could easily be the case for you.  I've had headaches drecreasing mirt as well.  These are warning signs that your nervous system is registering the cuts, and the key here is to not overwhelm your system by continuing to cut!  These drugs cause the brain to remodel in response to their actions, so when coming off, the reverse must occur.  Coming off too quickly leaves you with an imbalance caused by taking the drug away and leaving the brain wtih those changes un-opposed by the drug.  Much better to do a slower taper, preferably 10% of the previous dose, no more often than every 3-4 weeks.  This allows your system to gradually adjust without big imbalance withdrawal symptoms.  Good luck.

• Posted

I don't think that it is withdrawal symptoms. I have read about the 10% reduction rule so i will keep doing this. I just am really struggling with my eyes i have been given over the counter cream for my eyes so i will give that a try. Thanks for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.