Having anxiety after catheter heart ablation along with ringing in the ears. Ablation 2/1/2017.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Forums new to me but I am feeling anxious, ringing in ears and not sleeping after 2/1/17 heart ablation. Help anyone?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Debra, although I suffer from tinnitus it wasn't caused by my ablations but apparently by high blood pressure.

I have read that ablations can cause tinnitus like symptoms which clear up over time. I know what you are going through and hope that it's just a temporary condition.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response. I would never wish any of this on someone else but is so comforting when others who have gone through some this are so encouraging. I have had tinnitus before ablation but it has ramped up in the last few days. I have started walking (as I'm in Michigan) and we're having unusually warm weather. I've been more fatigued and my heart is working harder so I don't know if that could be having an effect on things.

• Posted

For me, the tinnitus is worse if I get anxious or stressed, a walk usually calms it down.

Take it slower when you walk and gradually build up speed over time, I have to do this as well because my flutter doesn't like power walking at all!

• Posted

Yes.  I agree.  I think I've been overdueing it a bit but just depressing sitting at home!

• Posted

Hi. Just had 3rd ablation, and you have to take it easy as you build back up on activity. My first was cryo, and had terrible "ice cream" headaches after. I have slight tinnitus anyway, but didnt notice it worsen. Its the contrast dye that doesnt luke me, and much water drinking is required in the days following. Have you had you bp checked as mentioned?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize it would be such a slow process. I also have had weird headaches which has affected my vision. I haven't had my boyfriend checked but it always tends to run low, not high, so I didn't think it was a problem. I may go get it checked just in case. Thanks!

• Posted

Also. You said you had your 3rd ablation. How do they determine you need one? How long do they wait between ablation. I know it's way too early for me to be thinking about (only been 3 weeks today) but I'm less anxious the more info I have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.