Does anyone know if there is any financial support available following surgery.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Its almost time for my surgery after waiting 6 mths i have 2 dermoid cysts on my left ovary which will be getting removed along with my ovary..i know recovery time could be as long as eight wks and with only receiving stactuary sick pay i was wondering if anyone knew of any financial help out

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I don't know about financial support I'm afraid but if it's any help I was back at work in less than two weeks. Do you know how the surgery will be performed? I had laparoscopic surgery so recovery was quick.

• Posted

Hi Jen i am not sure if it will be key hole or not.Did you get your ovary removed aswell?.i think it depends on the whereabouts the cyst is and how big it is..one of mine is 6cm on last scan..but its covered my whole ovary which means i will loose it..i suppose i am just preparing for the worst time scale reading it could be 8 weeks..

Thankyou for your quick reply and hope you are feeling better after your op.😊

• Posted

I wouldn't worry too much about size, first time I had 3 removed - 13cm, 12cm and 9 cm! Second time I had a 6cm removed with the ovary. I'm waiting now to find out next steps as I have 2 more dermoids in the ovary that's left. I'm just too lucky smile

All my surgeries so far were key hole and were quick recoveries so fingers crossed yours will be too

• Posted

Hi Jen

Thankyou i feel so much better now ..just hoping my recovery is quick like yours 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.