ESA HOME VISIT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have emotinal personality disorder and been accepted from a esa home visit as i dont leave the house since i quit work in september. Im getting really worked up about the home visit and im already very suicidal. i dont even have a friend or family in the world to come and sit with me while they are here. I got granted the home visit in december and i havent heard a thing since and im too scared to ring up, has anyone else had a home visit for mental health?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha,

I've never had a home visit but heard they're similar to when you have a face 2 face in an assessment centre. The only difference is it's in your own home. They will ask you questions based on what you put in the form. Remember this assessment is to see whether you're fit for ANY type of work. When they ask you these question don't just answer with a yes or no. You'll need to tell them why you can't do something. They will also watch how you are and what you do during this assessment. I've had a few of these assessments and in al honesty at the end i've always thought to myself that wasn't as bad as i was expecting.

Did you send any evidence to support your claim? If not then you'll need to gather some before the visit. The more the better. GP letter, Consultant letters, list of all current medication anything really that you think will help. The only thing that's not great is future appointment letters. They very often don't write to any medical professional for any evidence, so don't rely on them doing this. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Hi Samanthaeve, Sorry to read that you are struggling. Have just had a pip assessment myself for the first time due to an accident, and was suprised that it wasn't as bad as I expected. Just a suggestion would it be worth contacting your doctors surgery and explaining how bad this is making you feel and asking if there is any organisation, maybe MIND etc that could support you. Or if you could be referred through Social Services to have a Support Worker?

will be thinking of you. Do let us know how you are getting on

Kind Regards

Dawn

(Our dogs name is Charley)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.