Possible false negative

Posted , 2 users are following.

*Pic included

Hey so I went to planned parenthood for some routine testing 11/2016 (chalmydia, gonorrhea, hiv). Noticed two painless pimples where my pubs are shortly after the testing. Went back on 1/2017 to get hsv blood work. I don't know which type of test was performed but basically I didn't receive a call back which I assumed I was negative. However now I have these bumps and I'm wondering do you guys think this could be herpes. I'm going to reschedule another appointment to get retested along with syphillis and hpv testing just in case I got tested too early but I am so paranoid. My symptoms usually pop up during and after a period like a diaper rash but I never had visible bump Like now. I never would have noticed the bumps if I didn't look. I do noticed itching before period and a swollen groin lymph nod on the left side where the bumps are. But I don't know if I'm being hypersensitive to these symptoms since I think I have herpes. Attached are the small bumps that resemble white heads.

http://i65.tinypic.com/a4twl0.jpg

I know nothing can be diagnosed over the Internet but this time of not knowing what is going on with my body is taking a toll

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How long have the bumps been there, and have they changed in any way over that time? Do you get bumps before every period? Fyi, if you have bumps and are worried about herpes, a swab test is better, provided the bumps are still fairly new and not already healing.
    • Posted

So my first two bumps that prompted the 1/2017 test I had for four months. I told the nurse. She there was nothing for her to swab they both looked like a white head similar to the white bump on my pubic hair. For the bumps in this picture I just noticed them yesterday. My period ended 2 days before I noticed the bumps. I'm gonna try to do a walk in at planned parenthood tomorrow but it's the only one in my city and they're always busy so I kinda have to schedule an appointment. I would rather schedule so I can make sure I don't take the blood work test too early sad I'm just so nervous cus the nurse on the 1/2017 visit was so dismissive. she thought they were pimples. I'm just confused and sad.

• Posted

If you had the bumps for four months unchanged, then they're not herpes. Herpes typically heals within a month the first outbreak, and within a week for subsequent recurrences. Perhaps they are just pimples.

• Posted

I'm hoping they're pimples but I've learned so much about herpes I don't want to become a hypochondriac. I will post my blood work results once I receive them. I just made the appointment. Its just superb scary cus if I do have something it's just like I don't have health insurance. I can't afford meds. I can't afford a visit to my primary doctor. I will try to keep telling myself I don't have it until this gets diagnosed. I do get body pimples from time and have switched to dove sensitive skin soap so that could play a part as well but we shall see. I'll update once I get test results for anybody out there reading this thread with similar symptoms to mine.

• Posted

Oh and update on the new bumps. No oozing or pus, but some have gone down/smaller.
    • Posted

And no irritation today sad

• Posted

A herpes outbreak really doesn't stick around for four months unchanged, so if what you're experiencing now is the same as that other time, then it's not herpes, if that helps give you peace of mind.

• Posted

See this is where I'm getting nervous. I was thinking the first two bumps could have been the initial outbreak. The bumps pictured have now went away/ some have gotten smaller. This is why I keep getting nervous. sad

• Posted

But your first "outbreak" was still too long. A herpes first outbreak is usually not more than 4 *weeks* max, not 4 months! Also, you'd expect the bumps to open up, ulcerate and feel sore to the touch.

• Posted

Hey just wanted to post an update for anybody that may have stumbled across this thread. The leisons weren't herpes. It's Molluscum. The molluscum pictures online were only on fair skin so it was hard for me to tell. But the bumps have a white center and the waxy core. I have an appointment with my obgyn next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.