Rainbow Halos around light sources.. UPDATE!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

For about 3 weeks now I have been experiencing rainbow halos around light sources (typically worse at night) I have been to 2 opticians and had my eyes tested (needed my first prescription pair of glasses as I am short sighted and have an astigmatism)

However no one can understand why I am experiencing rainbow halos around lights?

On Saturday I went to an eye clinic at the Hospital.  I explained my symptoms (rainbow halos around light sources etc.). They dilated my pupils so they could see the back on my eye clearly. Yet again the Ophthalmologist  couldn’t find anything wrong. Everyone is scratching their heads so confused as to why I am experiencing these symptoms. So they are going to book me in with a consultant in 4-6 weeks’ time for his opinion.

I was wondering if anyone has had this symptom before and if you found out what the cause of this is? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

From what you are saying, you are experiencing halos and maybe aura's.   My wife had these symptoms too.  She had a stroke later and lost control the left side of her face.  She has trouble speaking now..  Don't take this lightly. and I suggest to see your doctor.   You may have a PFO in the heart.  Twenty percent of people have them and can be fixed with out patient care.  A TEE, TTE, and MRI tests maybe needed to determine what is going on.  My wife also has blood that tends to clot more.  It is a rare disease, and she is now on blood thinners at the age of 45.  She smoke for 10 years and quit for 20 years.    The parade of doctors kept on asking her if she have ever smoked.

I am thinking about you, and please look up the terms.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.