Montelukast

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've just been put on montelukast but am wondering when in the evening to take it - an hour before bed perhaps or as I go to bed? When do others take theirs?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi  Catholic I've been on it a while no and allways take it as I go to bed regards

• Posted

Hi ,after a lot of sleeping problems in the beginning my consultant said there was no reason in his opinion why I couldn't take it in a morning ,I've done thus since December and it suits me better than taking it at night ,and day or night I have noticed an improvement in my breathing ,

• Posted

Hi cath5680, I have been on this for years i take it at night and morning but before I was taking twice a day i took it at night normally between 8 -9 as I have other medication as well so i just took them together, I think it what suits you best, as long as you remember to take it that the main thing, lol
  • Posted

Hi cath5680, I have been on this for years i take it at night and morning but before I was taking twice a day i took it at night normally between 8 -9 as I have other medication as well so i just took them together, I think it what suits you best, as long as you remember to take it that the main thing, lol
    • Posted

Hi ,can you tell me the strength of dose you take of montelukast please ,,the dose im on is 10mg ,
    • Posted

I've battled with sleep probs for years so I'm hoping that this doesn't cause more issues. I currently also take an antidepressant that tackles both my depression & my sleep problem which I take around 4:45pm but wonder if that's too early to take the montelukast or not.

I am seeing my GP next week about something else (I swear 1 day I'll rattle lol) & must remember to ask her!

• Posted

Like I said ,I had sleep issues when taking it at night ,( Ive been a bad sleeper  for years ,way before taking montelukast .. ,,, taking it in the morning is much better m
  • Posted

I was prescribed Montelukast for Exercise Induced Asthma. I take 1 x tablet just before bed.

The Montelukast works so well that it is now the only asthma medication that take - I do have a symbicort inhaler available just in case - but I haven't used it for months.

• Posted

Thanks everyone. I took it around 9pm last night & have to admit it didn't affect my sleep at all...yay! In fact I slept so deeply & soundly it was almost the best night's sleep I've had in ages!!!

• Posted

Hi I take mine in the morning but heard a lot of ppl like taking it at nite. I don't think it really matters 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.