Bacterial Vaginosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I tried acidophilus and the metronidazole it got rid of it. I also placed acidophilus mixed with plain yogurt in my vagina with a tampon it cleared everything right up for me no more odor itching or bacteria and just to be on the safe side I had my husband get the same medication because I believe he was giving it back to me and now nothing I'm BV free now for a whole year!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm curious on how you did the yogurt & acidophilus.

• Posted

I crunched up acidophilus pill in plain yogurt and put the larger size tampon in the crunched acidophilus and yogurt than insert the tampon inside the vagina leave it there for a few hours to absorb that remove the tampon. BV as been gone for a year now. Acidophilus produce good bacteria so inserting that directly into the vagina helps kill off the bad bacteria of Bacteria Vaginosis. Yogurt plain produce good bacteria
    • Posted

How'd you put the tampon in the acidophilus? I'm trying to understand.

• Posted

You put the tampon in the yogurt the plastic part and all than once it's covered with yogurt insert the tampon in the vagina and push it out to absorb the yogurt & acidophilus in your vagina keep the tampon in place for a few hours the good bacteria will absorb inside the vagina

• Posted

How'd you get the acidophilus in or on the tampon? Did you crush it up and mix it together, then put the tampon in the yogurt to absorb it all?

• Posted

Did your husband do both medications?
    • Posted

Yes he did acidophilus and the flagyl but we have the generic version of that medication we did this because he kept passing it back to me because he had the bad bacteria in his system as well
    • Posted

Yeah I think my boyfriend may have to do the same. Like I know how to live with BV odor free but I just want it to be out of my system. I'm thinking we both may need to get treated though doctors say men can't carry it.

• Posted

In men Bacteria Vaginosis is dormant so it can't be diagnosed in men but they still carry the bad bacteria so him taken the medication will definitely stop him from passing the bad bacteria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.