Brown clumpy discharge?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I'm new here but have been dealing with this off and on for 3 years. Anymore with it i get this chunky toliet paper looking brown discharge

My dr keeps giving me metrogel for it but always returns few weeks -2months later. Does anyone else get this type.of discharge?i also get burning with it. Very uncomfortable. I'm seriously so sick of this. It has me so depressed. I just want relief. It's a never ending issue.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Skye! Have you had a complete panel done to check for everything including STD testing? Not to be presumptuios just to be safe.
    • Posted

Yes i have i just had a full panel std check in december. I have had this discharge with it in december and they sent it to a gen path? To be checked and said it was bv. But never before those two times has it been that color or chunky like that so im just lost on why now these last two times?
  • Posted

I'm a Registered Nurse and a brown discharge is either chlamydia or gonorrhea. I suggest you go to your doctor or the clinic and do a full STD panel because they have to order the specific STD to see which one comes out positive and which one comes out negative but that type discharge is not Bacteria Vaginosis

• Posted

Yes ma'am I'm a nurse too and that was the first thing I thought

• Posted

I just a std check including hiv and hepatits and all negative. Could this be something like cancer? I dont see my gyno again for my pap smear until march 2nd.
    • Posted

Can you call your dr and explain what is going on? Maybe they can get you in faster....Dont worry yourself, easier said then done I know
    • Posted

i can assure you, brown discharge with metrogel is NOT only one of those two things! i have had an STD panel run several times just to be safe: but im having the issue now and i havent had sex in years. so im 10000% sure i do NOT have an STD, and equally sure im having the same issue she is. you shouldnt go around scaring people when you are not right! its infuriating that you made this poor girl feel so bad.

i hope 3 years later youve learned more and also learned not to make such assured medical responses on forums without the medical community alllll 100% behind you.

• Edited

If your Dr. prescribed metro gel to treat your BV, Brown discharge is VERY common while you’re using it. If you’re still experiencing these symptoms maybe you should get a second opinion, but don’t worry if the discharge happens while you’re taking metro gel, it’s a common side effect.
  • Posted

hey there...

i know i'm 3 years late on this, but id love to know if youre still here? still having this issue? i am suffering with it too, have been for years, but this is the first time ive had the brown discharge.

anyway, hallppp somebody, anybody!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.