Manipulation

Posted , 5 users are following.

I may need to get my frozen shoulder manipulated by the orthopaedic doctor. Can anyone tell me if they have had this done and if so did it work, how long was your recovery  did you have to go for physio after it was done?

aabb

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Had mine on 14 October. Less painful afterwards. I took anti inflammatory and painkillers for about a month. Physio ASAP after operation. I was sleeping through the night by December. First time since June. The physio at first is a bit tough. I couldn't believe how wasted my muscles were and quite painful to stretch. In December my physio and consultant told me I needed to either man up! or have another operation. Up to that stage I couldn't swim without pain afterwards. Then it started to loosen up and I can now swim without my shoulder complaining. I have heard of the odd MUA not working but not on this site. I'm having a really good massage now and no physio. Doing stretches at home still....

Good luck....

• Posted

aabb,

I had my MUA on Feb 3, 2017. I also needed a little dibreedment on bone for arthritis, and on muscles etc for fraying especially the rotator cuff. Wow I had no idea what to expect. OUCH! ICE ICE ICE. Get a "good" sling, insist on the block under anesthesia to keep your shoulder numb for up to 18 hrs which helps with pain... TAKE THE PAIN PILLS!

IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST take laxitatives before and during medication for pain! Do not skip this or you will be miserable beyond belief!

Start rehab immediately when dr says ok and keep it up. DO the at home exercises as well. IT HURTS!

FYI A LOT! 😔 I still have one that is frozen and trying to work it out without more surgery.

Pt twice a week. My age and statistics are not on my side however...

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Do you mean mua ? I did it and it helped but you must do a lot of pt after or it will refreeze. I did daily for two weeks plus two times a day at home. Then tapered gown for three months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.