My daughter died

Posted , 7 users are following.

Going to hospital with swollen wrist , temp of 39.7 , heart rate 122bpm and blood pressure of 97/42 she was sent home with a "sprained wrist " and told to take paracetamol , 19 hours later she was dying of necrotising facilitis / septecemia , my beautiful 23 year old left behind a 3 year old child and a mother in the verge of a breakdown, I want answers

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for this, This seems to be a grave concern, that your daughter was not diagnosed with a necrotizing infection with sepsis. 

Which hospital was this and you need to investigate why the doctors did not find the sepsis and treat it.

• Posted

We are still waiting to bury our girl , she passed 7 weeks ago , there is an ongoing investigation as to if the hospital failed her , I just can't get over she didn't have to die , it was the system that failed her

• Posted

This was an obvious case of hypotension/shock that was not given due consideration at the treatment center.
  • Posted

Words cannot help how you must be feeling right now, this is truly disgusting, I would love to offer words of advice, but words fail me. I'm very sorry to hear of the  loss of your daughter, and your grandchild loosing his/ her mother. I'm afraid all I can offer is the sympathy I feel for both of you. But I wouldn't accept this had it been my daughter. I wish you well, my thoughts are with you and your grandchild.

• Posted

I can't believe it , a beautiful full of life young adult , we are still waiting to have her back - coroner not happy and there is an ongoing investigation into failure of care at the hospital , I am totally heartbroken and just cannot believe this could and should have been prevented x

• Posted

This must be a very hard time in your life, and I wish you well in the future. My thoughts are with you and you grandchild.
  • Posted

Patricia, I was just wondering how are you standing up to this horrible senseless death of your Daughter? Has the investigation come up with honest answers? Have you been able to put your Daughter into her resting place. It must be so difficult to get thru each day, luckily you'll have the love of a Grandchild, who you can share some many good memories of his/her Mummy!

Has enough time gone by for you and the family to take your next steps to get some kind of compensation for the child and family? Or is it still too early to even cope with more than just getting out of bed each day?

My heart is hurting for all of you, but my heart is also sending good warm vibes to you and yours! I'm sure that many people here would love to hear from you. Big Hugs, Susan

• Posted

There was a study done for sepsis in hich patients were given vitamin  intravenously as soon as they were admitted along with antibiotics,and 99% of them were saved. 

Was this done in your daughter's case? 

• Posted

I was given IV antibiotics immediately but have never heard about adding vitamins!

Which kinda raises a question, obviously the antbibiotics saved me, what good would the vitamins do and how would they know what worked?

I think I'll stick with the antbibiotics for now, the vitamins may be handy if the antbibiotics aren't working, is this new?

Thanks Susan

• Posted

Only Vitamin C. 

Yes, this is based on a new study that was done somewhere in Europe, probably in Denmark or Norway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.