Suppository question

Posted , 4 users are following.

My daughter was just diagnosed with UC. Does anyone know about using suppository rather than enimas

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Both to treat it., foam spray and suppository.

Depends how much and where infected area is.

Daily dose of pentasa orally should keep it at bay but may need other means as well as this and steroids to calm it down first

• Posted

I have only used Pentasa mesalazine suppositories during UC flares when the rectal inflammation has been particularly bad and caused hemorrhoids. They seem to work very quickly leading to improvement within a few days.
  • Posted

Hi, I believe liquid and foam enemas will reach higher up, the suppositaries treating much more locally (so lower down), so it rea

ly depends to the extent of the inflammation what would be most effective

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.