Has anybody tried remicade for there RA

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried remicade for their RA ? How is it ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ted,  tI took Remicade for almost 2 years and then it quit working.  I really liked Remicade. Did not have any reactions only good things.  When I had my first dose all the swelling in my hands went down and they did not bother me while I was on it.  I did the starter dose 3 mg. But I had to go to the 5 mg and stayed there for about a year and a half and then went to 10mg. stayed on that until it quit working. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me.  Good luck, Jo
    • Posted

Hey Jo, question for you.  What are you on now?  Just curious because I have been told that the Remacade won't last forever so I wonder what will be my next drug of choice?  :-)

• Posted

Hi Cindy, right now I am on Oriencia.  It takes about 3 to 4 months to kick in and I have been on it for 5 months and no pain. I am also on 10 mg. methotrexate  ( 4 pills once a week) and 2mg. Prednisone daily.  I hope I will be able to get off the Pred. one day, but the dr. doesnt think so, but I keep trying.  I have tried to just cut the pill in quarters , they are 1mg pills but my hands begin to swell and get very painful and then it's back to the pain medication.  One day------- The nurse where I go has been on Remicade for over 7 years, so u never know.

• Posted

Thanks, yes I'm hearing good things about Oriencia.  I'm so sorry you have to be on pred!  I just take methotrexate, 6 pills once a week and the remacade and it seems to do the trick for me.  I hope you can get off the pred soon, horrible stuff, all of it!

• Posted

Hi Ted, I've been on it for over 2 years and I love it!  I just hope it keeps working for awhile longer.  No side effects at all.  They said my immune system would be affected but I have to say, nothing so far.  Good luck but I think you are really going to like it.

• Posted

Yes, I'm able to work, I am a real estate broker, teach spin classes 2-3 days a week, do circuit training 3 days a week and kayak.  All of that could not do before the Remacade, could hardly get out of bed in the morning.  It has been my miracle drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.