Oh this is just great........audiologist report

Posted , 2 users are following.

Saw the audiologist today, 90 minutes of testing, stuck a camera in both ears and I saw inside, no obstruction visible so I dunno what this SWOOSH in my right ear is when I do the valsalva maneuver (which my ENT says never to do).  Hearing is in the middle range but 6000 to 8000 is bad in both ears so in five years I will need hearing aids if I want to hear very well.  NO ETD SHE SAID but then what is this clicking/clunking/swooshing OMG this is unbelievable.  Going back to ENT week from Friday I know there's something in my right ear I can HEAR IT in there.  Has anyone ever heard of lymp nodes being damaged by work in ears?  This isn't my throat clicking, it's some structure in or near my ears, does anyone have this and what the heck is it do you know???  This is getting ridiculous!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jill,

?It sounds as though you may have tinnitus.  I suffer this and all sort of different noises occur.  Other than that you've obviously gor Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.  My hearing isn't good either having suffered blocked ear on and off for thirty years, with several perforations in my eardrums.

This is a horrible condition and if your ENT Consultant can't see anything in your

?ears, it has to be ETD.  Medication may help if your ears are blocked.  If you've already been down this road, would you mind listing what you've used.....then I'll

let you know what I use.

Anee

• Posted

Thanks but the SWISHHHHHHHHHHH is not tinnitus, I do have tinnitus but it's a very soft shhhhhhh, the SWISHHHHHHHH is something IN my right ear (probably the ET that is somehow stuck) and it's not always there.  Ears are no longer blocked, they are clear, lots of work by ENT (and I think the work created the ETD!) but I have been using Flonase (generic, prescription) three squirts in each nostril every morning for about ten days.  However my resting pulse went from 65 to 85 and I saw my cardiologist today, he suggested it was the Flonase so I will only be doing one squirt in right nostril for the next few days.  Is the steroid working?  I don't think so.  At this point, I am resigned to having this for a very long time.  sad

• Posted

Dear Jill67883

I so sorry to hear about your dysfunction. I am writing to you because my doctor did not condone, but SUGGESTED I perform the valsalva Maneuver. Anybody else? Can we get a doctor's opinion in this discussion?

?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.