Symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was hospitalized twice last August and September. First diagnosis was vestibular neuritis. Second was mild ms. After been seen at ms clinic by neurologist confirming of no definite ms, rather vestibular neuritis. Was given four months sick leave back in September. Was told by neurologist in December to try to go back to work part time end of January, which I started. However, still having brain fog and some dizziness in afternoon where I take betahistine and sleep it off. Also I feel dizzy when I lay flat on my back and also when I am stagnant. Other than that, have to pace myself. Also when extremely tired, I tend to develop double vision. Have also been in physiotherapy doing balance exercises and eye exercises. How long will these symptoms last? Getting frustrated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Any chance you feel fine in motion or in a car but worse when still (floating feeling) and right after you get out of a car?
    • Posted

Yes. Happens quite often. Been diagnosed with not having BPPV.
    • Posted

I have the same. Was diagnosed with map de debarquement. I'm not even sure this is what I really have but my symptoms are along those lines. There is no cure but a very large percentage of people who get it either have spontaneous remission or continue to get better. If I were you I would exercise and eat well. Not stress....as it only makes it worse. My guess is you will feel better soon. Good luck!

• Posted

I'm 17 months in and I still have symptoms.  They have gotten less and less as time goes on.  See an Otologist.  They're the only type of doctor that can help you.  I was diagnosed with vestibular neuritis after three months of trying to figure out what had happened to me after a severe vertigo attack.  My Otologist says it can take up to 2 years to recover.  And he was right spot on. 

• Posted

Are you better since the first symptoms, or is it unchanged since September?  What treatment did you receive for the vestibular neuritis?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.