Depressed

Posted , 6 users are following.

My mom doesnt seem to care that im sad... Ive been depressed and sad and i dont know how to get her attention i dont want to end my life i just want to get her attention and show her that im hurt and need help how do i do that?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Morn, ohh bless u. Maybe ur mum doesn't understand depression & that sort of thing or she may be feeling low herself i wonder... & unable to see how sad u are. Have you sat down & told her exactly how your feeling? & that you want to be open with her & that you need some support ie: would she go with u to see a dr .. sometimes parents aren't perfect & need a nudge like anyone else. Sometimes its because we dont wanna see our children hurt! So an element of denial could be there.. obv i dont know yr mum & i didnt have my mums support when my mental illness began yrs ago as she had her own demons. ( alchoholism). . But so wish u well & even make an appt on yr own if you cant get thru to her. At least a professional can start to get u some help and make u happy once more. Kp us posted massive good luck hug. Xxx

• Posted

sorry to here mickinsy86318...i have been through the same feeling and feel like my mom always cared about by elder brother and not me. Definitely ending your life is not a solution. I would say that you should stop caring and bothering whether people care about you or not. Do something that interests you and makes you happy like painting or something. When you will move your focus from bothering about you getting attention or not, that is when you will start being happy. Happiness starts from you and you only. 
  • Posted

Hi Mickinsy, I feel for you; alot of my depression and feelings of worthlessness I can trace back to my mother and it is still happening, she ignores me and I am now 53. To be honest, I was referred to a professional because I felt like the horrid , awful child and nothing I did or do will ever be good enough for her. I couldn't cope, I am pleased you don't want to end your life but I would suggest professional help, they really help you to see your role and hers differently.

Thoughts are with you x

• Posted

Hi marie its so unbelievable how many of us have had probs with mums xx im 43 & mums now 70 & moved back to her hometown in scotland at 59. I try not to think of my past but it does shape u somewhat in adulthood. Ive got a massive heart like my dad who passed when i was 8. So i am the only one of four who visits etc & im ok with that.. i broke the cycle for my daughter and even tho its not a loving maternal relationship with my mum its family but i dont need to rely on her for anything so we have brews, talk, etc & ive accepted that shes just not capable of more. Once i did i was happier. Xxx all the best x

• Posted

Gosh Amanda, at least you have managed to stay the distance and have some sort of relationship.

I was kind of managung the odd visit etc but a month ago she was mugged and since then won't answer any of my calls, texts, invites to stay because despite all the hurtful things she said when I was younger, I still love her in some way

My god, it is hard. I wish you all the best xxxx

• Posted

So do i...its like our roles have reversed now too. Im more like a mum. Its odd xx kim woodburns story touched me when i read her book. Bless. Xxx sorry about what happened to ur mum thts rotten. I hope she starts to let u in. If thats what u want. & if not the strength to accept its not your fault xxx

• Posted

Hi Mickinsy - sorry to read of your situation. The first thing you must do is NOT blame yourself. It is not your fault your mother is emotionally distant. You are not responsible for her actions. I am wondering how old you are? Can you speak to a professional at school? Can you make a doctors appointment to discuss how you are feeling? What about writing your mother a letter aboutr what you are experiencing and the pain you are in?  You may need the support of another to attract your mothers attention, even though she shouldn't need that sort of prompting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.