Gynae appoint fri, what to ask....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello to existing people I have chatted with and to any new ones!

I need to prepare myself for my 2nd appoint on fri as I really really need them to take me seriously and get me on the waiting list to have my dermoid removed.

?I'm getting worked up as on Dec 30th they couldn't see any of previous scans including the mri I had done 2 weeks prior, why? Because they were in different hospitals, I feel quite upset about the whole thing and really just wanted to go on fri and have someone explain where the dermoid was, what It was doing etc etc etc.

?I could ask for an ultrascan but that would surely delay things?

?Also, my left ovary is doing something new.... It's stabbing and throbbing, could it be phantom pains? Perhaps its working hard because the other one isn't? Do I mention it?

I really don't want to delay things progressing!!!

Any advice??

Thanks smile

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Are you in the UK? The only advice I can offer you is to tell them absolutely everything and don't leave anything out - especially if it's in the UK. I have been waiting over a year for them to remove my dermoid ovarian cyst (which they were going to do urgently) but I am now in Spain, and being told here that they have to remove my ovary too because of how big it has gotten.

My advice to you is to keep pestering them - in Spain I've only recived TVS which are better st giving s clear view of your ovaries.

If it helps, exaggerate the pain too! They can only take you seriously if you keep following them up and pestering them!

Good luck and hope this helps,

Hannah

• Posted

Thank you taking the time to reply.

I am starting to work myself up so much about fri. I have so many symptoms, some of which I fear will 'put them off the scent' that it is the dermoid causing me my discomfort.

Today every time I eat I'm getting stomach cramps. I daren't mention it in case thet say its not eh cyst and to back to the docs sad

• Posted

Cysts can press onto different parts of your body - I couldn't eat or go to the toilet as I was heavily constipated. With eating just try liquids and warm soups - it might help. Focus your symptoms on Friday about pains in back and stomach and the cramps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.