Been for my 6wk check up!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Been for my 6wk check up today and good news! All restrictions lifted and can drive again!

Its like a new lease of life has been given to me.

5 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Good for you Kel, it amazing how we take the little things like driving for granted.
    • Posted

I know.it did feel strange being behind the wheel again.but excellent to get those damn stockings off!!!
  • Posted

Hi that's good news. I think we're both at the same stage. I know how good it felt to get behind the steering wheel again and the independence it brings.

I still try to walk about 45 minutes each day.

I was surprised that after restrictions were lifted I still had problems getting dressed. But it gets better each day.

I still keep going the exercises especially the stretching ones.

The best part was going back up to the stables to see my horse.

Enjoy your new hip. It's great to be pain free and get your life back .

• Posted

Congrats!! I can't wait for that. Nice to know maybe I can in another month. My 2 week checkup is tomorrow & it's on my list to ask. My hubby has been amazing chauffeuring me to PT, store etc, but I miss my independence.

• Posted

That's great news I was 6 weeks on Monday but don't see the consultant untill next Monday. I am getting fed up now I had my other hip done last year and was driving at 5 weeks but it is a different consultant this time and can't drive untill I see him. Think I will poke his eyes out if he says I can't drive Enjoy your freedom x

• Posted

Thankyou everybody x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.