Depression

Posted , 8 users are following.

I hate this illness with a passion and yes I curcome to its brutality, just wish for all my knowledge and understanding of it I could somehow master it, yet to no avail 😔 Sorry for my moan just feeling frustrated

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I truly feel your frustration been feeling pretty awful myself with the same illness lately
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, it is so frustrating as we are not " stupid " better terminology accepted, just Ill and trying to be understood ! Bless you and hopes for your recovery xxxx

• Posted

I hate my illness And I don't know how to overcome it...it has took my life away...somewhere along the line Ive forgot to live happily because this illness is eating me away...sometimes I get to the point Where I just give up...I understand it's ok to feel like that sometimes....I also hate myself cos its my stupid fault I'm like this....someone literally said to me they wish they were dead because how my illness impacts on them...sorry if I haven't made u feel better I am also having a bad day....

• Posted

Hey no need to be sorry I get it and it's poo that you have gone through that, we are, after all human and deserve that basic akbowledgement, that said we battle on and roll with the good and bad, albeit with a small cost to our soul ! Fight on xxxx

• Posted

Hello Crazycat

Are you on any treatment plan ?

BOB

• Posted

Risk assessments, care plans,meds, psychiatists, occy health the list goes on yet to no avail my friend xxxx
  • Posted

It's true, I wish I could fully understand it too. I've done so much research, the most annoying thing is people don't understand it and don't even acknowledge it as an illness.

• Posted

This is the fundimemental problem with a broad diagnosis of depression/ anxiety, for the mental health services we are non significant in that we can and should be managed by local GP services, which we all know are stretched to breaking point ! Sorry off my soap box now and hope for a speedy recovery for u xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Crazycat,

I am now 68 years old. I didn't understand clinical depression and I had a friend at work who took meds for it. She was a joker and usually seemed to be happy. I knew she took antidepressants, but really just thought it was feeling sad most of the time. Then in 2015 I was diagnosed with treatment resistant major depressive disorder with psychosis. Every day for three months I was in hell, the worst I have ever felt in my life. I even suffered from constant physical discomfort, no pain, but everything bothered me. I didn't want to go anywhere or see anyone. Nothing could motivate me and I was completely dysfunctional. My family forced me to go to my doctor and finally took me to the ER at the local hospital. My GP had prescribed antidepressants and was seeing me every two weeks to monitor my progress while he arranged a referral to a psychiatrist. The hospital called a psychiatrist for a consult and after he had see me for a couple of minutes, he committed me to the hospital so he could monitor my progress while he found meds that would work for me. Since July 2015 I have taken 300 mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine. I am happier now and sleeping better than I have been for years. I feel like my old self and have my life back. Please talk to your doctor, don't suffer in silence. Please let me know how you are doing.

Take care,

Phyllis

• Posted

Hi Crazycat - sorry to read of your situation. We can all relate to the frustration, and the sense that we are not much more than commodities for the medical profession to throw pills at. Immersing yourself in something you love to do might provide some escape, although I'm sure you've heard that before, and, of course, it is mererly a respite and not a gateway out of the unpredictable hell. You can always come here to talk. We'll always listen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.