New to Citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Doctor prescribed 10mg due to not sleeping well, anxiety, and sleep latency issues... massive headache pressure on one side of my head, has not diminished in the 3 weeks I've been on it. Nagging dry coughas well for the last two weeks. Now I'm plagued with general listless/hopelessness. Not suicidal, but emotional mood swings. Crying one minute, angry the next. Recheck with Doctor is in a few days, but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this on this medication?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi , I went to lot of side effects the first 12 days and trust me all kind but the worse is insomnia and upset stomach plus ringing in my ears super strong , now I'm at day 16 and today I called my doctor to stop taking the med because of the ringing in my ears. I started searching for answer and found out it could be Tinnitus which is a rare side effect from Citalopram plus people says it could be permanent so i just be better dealing the anxiaty for couple days until i get something else, 

• Posted

I experienced excrutiating neck problems which would then turn to headaches. When I went to the dentist for deep cleaning, etc., I kept getting asked if I grind my teeth at night. I didn't think so, but later realized I don't grind, I clench. So, although it's easy to do, your meds might not be the cause of your headache - the meds just might bring your issues to light. Regarding the swings, I urge you to try exercise - anything - walk, run. My savior was my elliptical exerciser. The meds made me sweat, so I took advantage of that. Do you have someone to confide in, even if it's group therapy. Finally, Cita might not be the best choice for you. There are other meds. Talk to your doctor. Hang in there. :-)

• Posted

Yes, currently in therapy for depression and PTSD issues, but have hit a wall when it comes to anxiety and depression. This is the 40th med I've been on in the last 20 years.

• Posted

I feel for you. Is the therapy helping you? Sounds like you've tried different things. Stay on this board if it helps you. I feel so lucky in that the meds helped me and I feel much better. I'm back volunteering at a local community garden - that helps me too. I hope you feel better. We're all here to help each other. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.