Depression and Anxiety! Everything is just too much.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I am 16 years old. Looking back I think I have been depressed most of my teenage and maybe before life. I have days where I just can't get up apart from to get food or water. I would describe it as laziness I just "can't be bothered" to move. I see no point. I am beginning to think i am just a lazy person. At school I am VERY quiet and find it differcult to talk to anyone. I have 2 close friends but I just can't talk about my feelings with anyone. In the last few weeks I've been diagnosed with dyslexia, gone to the doctor and been referred to a mental health service in my area and not told anyone. I know it sounds like I'm doing things to help but when you go to the doctor saying your sad all they do is give you a leaflet. I'm anxious. I am constantly anxious. We have a person who helps with the wellbeing of people in the school but I feel so embarres and guilty that I'm wasting her time and think that she must think I'm such an idiot. The biggest thing that worries me is that she thinks I'm faking my symptoms. I hate to think that. But things always work out that it looks like that. I had a meeting with her where she tells me to come to her room when it happens and the next day I'm in there. I'm dreading going back to school. I've just reached breaking point and no one knows.

Thank you

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Awe bless u sound so alone in all of this x glad u have joined the forum to let out some feelings this way xx yr dr should be trying either therapy for u at the least as meds alone arent always the answer. The dyslexia can be frustrating in itself so in turn can cause isolation @ school which could make ur anx worse. Its nothing to be ashamed of & in order to get help u need to open up to ur sch counsellor, yr dr or a trusted teacher maybe if u feel u cnt talk to family. Please be open and realise how many ppl even young ppl like yrself are going thru the same. My anxiety is on & off @mo. Its a horrid feeling. Ur not alone now ;0) good luck, mandy xxx

• Posted

Hi ASwift99.

What's on the leaflet they give you? There could be some useful resources mentioned. All I can tell you is you're not alone with these thoughts & feelings. It's easy to turn around and blame yourself for them but it's not your fault - you're the one trying to deal with them everyday. I can relate. Bring your mind (Constantly. Using mindfulness techniques. Internet.) to a place of emptiness - that's all I can suggest.  It's the only thing that allows me to focus.  

All the best ASwift99. It'll be okay.

• Posted

Hi there, I totally understand how your feeling. But believe it or not these people are here to help us. I struggle to believe that too. I hate getting up in the morning. I have no enthusiasm. Currently seeing a therapist for cbt. I feel grim everyday
  • Posted

Hi ASwift99 - so sorry to read of your dilemma and how lonely you feel. Here are some statements: 1/ You are not lazy 2/ You are not a waste of time 3/ You should not feel embarrassed or ashamed for seeking help.

Please make that appointment with the mental health service in your area. Take a big, deep breath and tell them how you feel. Be open and honest with them. Like a doctor, they are not there to dismiss, deflect or trivialise your situation. They will assess you to see what assistance they can provide or refer you to. You will feel better when you have acted to adress the situation, you will feel better when you have someone in your corner fighting for you. You are young and there is a huge, wonderful future waiting for you.

What about your parents? Have you spoken to them? Do they know?

• Posted

Aww I agree with Wayne. U may have hormones that are causing many of the feelings you described. A professional therapist can help get you back on track. 

I know now how it feels to bee in a low place. It can 't last you can take it to a better level. Ask for a good counselor.

Peace & Healing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.