Private consultation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an NHS appointment scheduled for tomorrow with Gynaecology consultant to discuss my dermoid cysts but that's just been cancelled as the dr. is sick.

Next appointment is end of April!! And that's an urgent referall..!

So I've booked a private consultation.

Has anyone else done this? I am expecting to need surgery so will I still need to wait until my nhs appt. in April to get on the list or will the private consultant be able to refer me for nhs surgery?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen..

I've done this... got a private consultation, i'm having diagnostics done privately. I was booked in to see a consultant radiologist on same day, had bloods done. Now the dreaded wait for the results of the small complex mass. May need further imaging but the thought of waiting on nhs and the possibility of the mass being malignant was too much. private consultation is defo worthwhile for peace of mind.

• Posted

Hi. I am having a cyst removed on Saturday. Been having problems with cyst since January and NHS initial consultation not even through yet.

I am in a lot of discomfort and don't feel I could wait. I don't know if a private consultation would boost you up NHS list though

• Posted

So it was definately worth to take some private appointments.

I've had a private ultrasound from which the gp could refer me to the consultant and then private consultant appointment.

The consultant I met has put me on the NHS waiting list for the surgery so I don't need my NHS appointment now.

So I'm on the wait list for surgery before I would have had my ultrasound on NHS. It would easily have been June before I saw an NHS consultant.

It cost 100 for the us and 250 to see the consultant. completely worth it and it frees up 2 nhs appointments for someone else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.