Blockage or mass

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've had crohns for years three weeks ago I became unwell the clinical nurse thought I had a blockage after examining me .. after having being on medication to clear me out I got a call asking if I was ok I said why she said because we found a mass in your abdomen right side .. what do use think this could be an waiting to go in .. never happened to me before but pain very bad all the time

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My son has crohns was only dignosed in Sep he to had a mass it was a stricture a appsess all knotted together he was all so in lot of pain x
    • Posted

Oh right thanks other than pain did he have other symptoms my bowel habits have changed used to go all the time now struggle or when I go still feel need to go , just got call go in for colonoscopy on 8th march only had one in October where they said all looked ok apart from lymphoid hperplasia of the terminal illium , I asked consultant what it ment he said oh it's nothing to worry about , so I googled it lol ... is your son ok now ??

• Posted

He's been in and out of hospital for last few months they wanted to operate but he's trying to last before he has a operation so tried a lot of treatments. He's had 2 lots now of inflixihab they said on last scan it's improving. That's the mass I mean he used to be in chronic pain could not eat anything it was terrible to see so I do feel for you

• Posted

Thanks I hope they sort him out for years I've been so lucky mine has been kept controlled with medication so this has surprised me I will let u know x

• Posted

Mine was also refered to as a mass because about 30cm of bowel was knotted together with strictures and adhesions at the terminal ilium. I coped on humira for five years but things went down hill and I ran out of options. This is my fourteenth year since diagnosis and finally had resection surgery. So hopefully it's like starting fresh. Although I know Crohns doesn't go away. I did try to have it medically controlled for as long as possible. Having it removed means I could now go o? Vedolizumab, which wasn't any good to me because Of the mass. Good luck I hope they gave you advice best suited to you.

• Posted

Thanks I go in next week for them to look see what's going on but when you have pain all the waiting about isn't good thank you .. previously I've had enlarged cells in the illiuem so the pain is always in the same place .. goid luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.