Anxiety / weird feeling almost everyday

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! First time to post here.. have these anxiety symptoms almost everyday.. hot flushes, shortness of breath, feeling to faint anytime, dark vision, reflux, dizziness name it i hve it.. i cant control myself worrying about all the symptoms i hve. My doctor gave me propranolol but i stop using it because i dnt want to be a drug dependent. I want to overcome all of these by myself. Is anyone here having the same symptoms??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marie, I get these symptoms pretty much daily at the moment, I have health anxiety. The body can play some nasty tricks on you when you are incredibly anxious/having an anxiety or panic attack.

I am on Mirtazipine as needed some help this time around. Have you ever had CBT therapy that can be a way of helping without taking medication. I know people that also use breathing tecniques to help them too. Exercise can help too.

Kirsty x

• Posted

Sorry to hear that kirsty we hve the same battle. 😞 Anxiety really sucks. Breathing exercise helps a lot and also the muscle relaxation technique which i read in google. Yeah i do exercise like zumba,volleyball and basketball. I think all of these symptoms are just playing tricks on me. Thanks for responding. 😊

• Posted

Sometimes anxiety can roll with a energy of its own and if you can not

acquire self calming skils then being in short term medicine might be very useful for you. Not a fan of using BP meds but there are other meds too. If you perfer no meds then you should see an alternative doctor and be assessed and they can work with you naturally. Its easier then you think. A change will have to occur.

Change of diet to a clean diet, msg comes in many forms as does many other toxic additives that many are sensitive to and have no clue....a change in enviornment might be needed as some enviornments are way too toxic for finding calm and peace and a change in mindset. There are workbooks, books, therapies..etc..a ton of resources available out there but if you are not willing and open to change then know you will not recover. Some people get addicted to the rush of anxiety and find an odd comfort in it..like a bad habit so sit down with yourself and address that.

if you could have done this all by yourself you would have. Be ooen to learn and accept a different way of living.

your symptoms are very like many with severe anxiety. It sucks! But oddly many dont want to change their ways so it becomes a cycle of misery. Change is the best thing here. Stop trying to fight it all. Trust the process of life. Be open to change.

• Posted

Hi lisalisa.. i forgot to mention that ny doctor also prescribe iterax before but it has these effects on me like headache and lightheadedness when i woke up the next day. So i stop using it. Sometimes i cant eat coz of my reflux. All these symptoms comes when im high on stress. Anyways thanks for your advices lisa. It calms me knowing that im not alone with these battle.
    • Posted

You are not even close to being alone, they have over the counter meds for reflux. Its really important to be able to eat even if small amounts. Not everyone can use medicines happily they have some helpful alternative stuff.   It is a glitz in your brain..fight or flight area. Its just rewiring it and managaging takes a lot of work. Really work on fixing your gut that will help you woth everything.feel better. Hang in there
    • Posted

I despised beta blockers myself. They have many other meds too. Blood pressure meds can easily make you feel off kilter. I just wanted to add that in.. When it first happened to me i did use meds for a year in half and went for therapy and biofeedback. The meds at first or in a state of crisis are useful. I also ended up going to an alternative doctor who was very helpful.
  • Posted

Hi Marie

Sorry your struggling 😐 The physical symptoms are so real and delibitating and get you down.

I have experienced all that you mention when anxiety was high and more.

Thankfully i have the anxiety mainly under control now but some of the physical symptoms stay longer..

But i tend to just deal with them and they are getting less frequent.

The med your doctor is not an anti depressant it is a beta blocker. It is widley used for High Blood pressure and is know for calming anxiety too.

So you would have been ok. Some people have to take them for life to control their blood pressure.

The skills i used to combat the anxiety was meditation, listening to positive mantra's , lots of fresh air and eating litlle and often.

I also had some CBT through a self referal and that was helpful.

I hope you get some respite soon.

Dont be too tough on your self .. anxiety is so so common. Your not on your own.

But rememeber there is life after anxiety and you will get there.

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.