9 Weeks Post Op

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone know when is it ok to soak in a tub?  I would think by 9 weeks I should be ok???? 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had my staples removed at 17 days. For me, that was the time. At nine weeks you should be good to go. If concerned check with your Doc
  • Posted

About 7-10 days after there is no longer any discharge if you have disolvable stitches like I did.  Definitely by nine weeks as long as the wound has healed normally with no drainage or swelling. 
  • Posted

Typically, you should not swim or get in a hot tub for six weeks. Hot water can cause swelling.  However, some surgeons allow their patients to do so after two weeks if there is no drainage. Check with your surgeon.
  • Posted

Hi John, I had showers from day 2, and I fancied a bath, but didn't do that until about week 12. That was because I found it hard to get in, sit down, and then get out. My bath doesn't have anything to hold onto, would have been easier with that. Good luck, and enjoy!

• Posted

As soon as my stiches were taken out and the scar had sealed I was straight back in the bath and sauna. Wonderful !!
  • Posted

Hi John. I would think as long as you have no hip precautions like going past 90 to sit in tub as it's very low. And being able to get in and out safely as you don't want to slip and fall. 😱 Be careful! 🤠🤓😎. LD

• Posted

Hi John

I am now 10 weeks post op. You will be fine if you can get in and out! I did a dry run which was fine but in reality with water was difficult getting some grip to get out also wasn't comfy lying back felt very odd and I didn't want to cause any damage. Struggled to get out and haven't been back since but I would say try it we are all different!

Good luck

Julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.