nausea

Posted , 8 users are following.

My daughter is 14 and she has been having nausea for almost a year.  Before this she was having pain in her stomach.  She had a endoscopy done and everything came back normal.  She has had her ears looked at and those are great.   She isnt pregnant.  Can anyone tell me if it might be due to not enough acid in her stomach?  The Dr gave her nexieum and that didnt do anything.  The gave her zolfrin and that made it worse and gave her the runs.  Im thinking we are looking at this the wrong way.

Anyone have any ideas??

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

or maybe more acid in the atomach causing a reflux action.. 

also have she been checked for h.pylori ? 

• Posted

Nausea can also originate from problems in the brain. You should check again for any inflammation to any organs involved or not in the digest system. This can also be psychological; nausea can be caused by stress and anxiety.

• Posted

Hi Karen

Too much acid in the stomach is what causes problems with stomach pain and nausea so with her having two little acid in her stomach I would think it would be a good thing. I've had a gastric bypass in 2012 and here in the last year I have been dealing with severe abdominal pain. My gastric bypass doctor put me on Carafate it is a liquid that you drink like Melant are something but it is like a Band-Aid for the stomach and it does help. I had several endoscopy that came back normal. My nausea started when developed pancreatitis and never went away. Pancreatitis does cause nausea and stomach pain but the the pain dose radiate to the back. Ask the doctor to check for that just to make sure. Hope I didn't scare you and I hope that your daughter can find some relief. Keep me posted

• Posted

Hi karen93710

What is your daughters diet like?...have you kept a food diary that may show up a food intolerance that correlates with her stomach pain.....does she have a gluten intolerance or a lactose intolerance?

Try keeping a food diary and see what transpires...

Also, has she had an ultrasound scan to investigate what is going on un her abdomen?..if not ask the doc to arrange one...best wishes..keep us posted.....

• Posted

im gonna start doing that because the dr was going to talk about that next. 
    • Posted

Hi karen93710

Yes that will be good!..you may come up with the answer to the pain...best wishes for a speedy diagnosis....:=)

• Posted

Try a food diary to see if there are any food triggers.  Presumably, they tested for celiac when they did the endoscopy?
  • Posted

Is zolfrin = zofran? (Ondansetrone)

This was the only thing that brought down my daughter's severe nausea about 2 points out of 10.

But it's known not to work always.

Need to tell doc and try something else.

My next step would preferable be to do a gastric emptying study. If delayed emptying caused her sickness, Reglan (metoclopramide) for example could be tried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.