Effexor Prozac haven't worked for anxiety...I feel I need a miracle

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's weird I've suffered from depression anxiety since I was young but for the last 6 years since my son was dx with pediatric cancer my life is out of control... I can't even be around my husband or kids the anxietytakes over. Sleeping sucks.. Trying to go to sleep is a nightmare with the body jolts and anxiety it's awful I try to relax but I can't my brain won't turn off!! I'm now on Prozac which has not helped what so ever and my dr prescribed me seri quail not sure how to spell it but that has made everything worse...I feel like a lost cause and really need someone to talk to! I can't even get back in to see my dr until March.2 😡😡

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen, sorry to hear about how you are feeling. I've had depression and anxiety on and off for over 20 years now due to one of my children been mis diagnosed when she was young and is now in a wheelchair. I was on Prozac for over ten years and it was brilliant really got my life back on track . Don't know how long u have been on it but it can take up to 6-8 weeks for it to even start working so please continue as it does work. I'm now doing CBT cause mines anxiety at the moment brought on by menapause. I do hope this helps you xx

• Posted

I found the only one that worked was Paxil but after so long it looses its affectiveness.. With Effexor I was on it over a year with no help and Prozac for almost a year now and my dr had upped it a couple times with no relief... It's so frustrating I just want to be able to enjoy my life my kids, my job my husband and it's so difficult!!

• Posted

Hi have you tried propanolol they are a beta blocker for anxiety I've been on them 8 monthes there fantastic but had to come off them on Sunday as I have been dionosed with asthma so carnt take them anymore. It's worth asking your dr about them x

• Posted

I'm in England so get them from Drs. I've had no side effects nor weight gain x

• Posted

How come u can't take it when u have asthma? I don't but just curious

• Posted

Hi There, I am so sorry for what you are going through.

I understand. I have had anxiety and depression since childhood, but for the past 2 years it has been out of control. At age nine, my son had to have open heart surgery. I dealt with that pretty well. But then, at age 15, my son had to have brain surgery. Ever since then it seems like I have been spiralling out of control. My son is fine, but I am not. I am upset and I don't know why.

I take medication also. I take 3 different kinds. None seem to help very much.

I also go to therapy which helps some. I also practice using coping skills which gets me through the rough patches.

I would suggest you try therapy. You have been though a lot and you may have PTSD.

Love and hugs to you.

• Posted

I may have to consider therapy as well... Thank u for your response 💕

• Posted

There is NO SUCH THING as a lost cause in anxiety! Don't let that thought take root in your head. It can always be managed if not beaten. You may not have found the right way for yourself yet, but it's there. Seroquel is a serious drug... Usual an anti-psychotic, but I've seen it used for anxiety and PTSD for people who have trouble sleeping. Have you tried therapy? You need to find what works for you. There absolutely IS something. Don't give up

• Posted

Thank u for responding... I just hope I find the right drug for me and I'm definitely going to try therapy!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.