Question for you all

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anybody else been prescribed double gel moisture I find this very good but have not seen anybody mention it on this forum

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes I use double base gel moisturiser too.  I find this pretty good.  Although I was told by a homeopath expert to buy Weleda white mallow nappy change cream when not using Dermovate.  I have just started this so not sure how it will go yet.

• Posted

Hi, I never heard of it. What is it, a prescription?Can you expound on this. Who makes it?What is it made of? Thanks for the information.
    • Posted

Hi Cynthia doublebase gel is a highly moisturising and rotective hydrating gel for regular use in the management of dry or chapped skin conditions which may also be itchy or inflamed, this works for me.  It is made by dermal laboratories Hitchens Herts and made from isopropyl myristate 15% w/w liquid parafin 15% w/w it comes in a 500 g pump action plastic bottle.

hope this helps

• Posted

i use this alongside hydromel ointment which I shower in I also use pessories which I insert twice a week, I have not used steroid cream for ages but with my recent flare up I have been prescribed some, will use if needed but at present things have settled 
  • Posted

I use anpure form of Emu oil. I have eliminated sugar, flour, sida and aspartame from my diet. I could not use the clobetesol ointment and strong antidepressant drug zombified me. Finally I agreed to take the shot. It took 3 weeks to kick in...those 3 weeks included weaning myself off if diet coke and all diet sodas, off sugarr, pasta, bread, and processed foods of any kind. I've been symptom free for 4 weeks now. The sacrifices were worth the remission! It was very very hard but oh so rewarding. I've also lost 15 pounds and I feel so much better. ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT, I take 1 Allegra in the morning, 1 Pepcid (beverage drink ir eat grapefruit with zpepcid!)at noon and 1 Claritin at night. The antihistamines have type 1 antihistamines and Pepcid contains type 2. This regimen knocked down the itching while waiting for the steroid shot to kick in. Prior to 6 weeks ago, I would be beyond walking at times. I believe the combination of my actions over the past 2 months is why I am finally in remission. .

• Posted

You really seem to have sorted this out, well done, I think cutting sugar out really helps with this condition

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.