Different anti depressant

Posted , 4 users are following.

after discussion with dr i asked if he has used vortioxetine which is new. He hasnt but is willing to try.  Has anyone been on it or know about it?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Ann

I do not know where you are in the World

In the UK go on the NICE Site and look up this medication.

You can also put the drug name on the internet and it may come up for you.

BOB 

• Posted

Hi ann

Was there a specific reason you asked about that particular drug? Had you done some research on it?

I havent heard of it so cannot advise but as border says there should be some info about.

You could ask your pharmacist... They are usually well up on all the latest drugs 

x

• Posted

Yes i googled it and it has very mixed reviews so asked my psych about it. He hadnt heard of it but has prescribed it i think in desperation as i am no better.

unfortunately pharmacist has never heard of it and has to order it in.  I am beginning to think it would have been better not to mention it and discussed using something more mainstream.  I have had such a lot of trouble on so many meds with upset tummy and heightened anxiety that i am lost.   

• Posted

You can but try it... You never know it might be the one for you 😊

• Posted

Have you googled it in the review section, its not a very pretty picture.  I am now not sure i want to put myself through this all again.  I think I should have gone  with his ideas of maybe lithium or an atypical antipsychotic which iwas afraid to take too!!!
    • Posted

Bless you ... It's a catch 22 scenario xx

I hope you get some respite soon xx

• Posted

I banned myself from googling anything to do with meds, or my health 😊That was what set off anxiety for me in the first place. xx 

So i avoid it like the plague xx

Good luck sweetie 

• Posted

You are right about googling medications, wish I had never started it
    • Posted

Some people have saved themselves from irreversible sie effects by 'googling'.

• Posted

Thats the reason i tried it, i have had these side effects before and dont want any more so i thought google would help.  Im not sure if it has made things worse as i plod my way through different meds.  Presently i not only have anxiety but daily nausea and diarrhoea which i have to say is worse, if i could rid myself of that i think i could get better.  My original anxiety started with naus/dia after a spinal op and dragged me down so much i asked for anti deps, hen all this.
    • Posted

What meds are you taking now?

​What did your dr say about the daily nausea and diarrhea?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.