Pregabalin..........good results only please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iam asking for people with good results on this drug for anxiety, sick of reading horror stories which actually help no one, especially people with anxiety. So it would be nice to discuss with others there experience so far. am on 75mg aday due to increase to 100mg, which i gather is a low dose. yes the side effects are abit heavy for me so am going slow on the increase. what are your experiences so far. many thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Zoe, there is no proof that Pregablin helps with anxiety, rather the reverse I am afraid. This Drug was originally to treat Seizures and then was found to relieve chronic pain. NOT anxiety. The long term effects of being on Pregab, however low the dose, are the horror stories you have read about....there are other proven drugs out there for anxiety which you could talk over with your GP. I know you want to believe Pregab will help you, but I can assure you that even if it appears to help at first it is most unlikely to continue helping. Then you have to face the withdrawals of coming off and I can honestly tell you from experience it is a nightmare.

​Please have a rethink, look at the side effects you are already sufferering which will worsen as your Doctor increases the dose. I genuinely wish you well in your quest and hope you can find an alternative to ease your anxiety.

• Posted

hi zoe  the side affects of  pregabalin are not pleasent and is well known to gps for that  i  started about 3 years ago on pregabalin i took the dose up slow  to the max of 600mg a day  but within 2 weeks of taking the amount i had to reduce the dose my legs started to feel num   and made things worse for me  so now i only take 100mg to 200mg aday only as of anxiety  speaking from experiences i found 300 mg  aday ok for short term only any higher dose did not work for me at all and added  problems rather than fixing them it maybe not what you want to hear . personally if your a keep fit person that is where you should start i found it helped more and to take less pregabalin works better.   then reduse dosage and keep up the fitness it will help you.  i do hope you feel better soon .PS  please feel free to contact me if you feel the need too. chin-up  zoe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.