Not sure if I have anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I think I may have anxiety. I've always been a worrier and most times I make light of it despite the feelings being strong inside. And I struggle to explain things properly too.

Dying. Im worried my mum/partner/kids will die

Me dying and leaving my babies. I usually have something I've decided I'm dying off

I'll suddenly decide that the train/bus I'm on will have a bomb.

Standing at the crossing I suddenly worry a car will plough into us

Storm bloody Doris, a tree was going to fall on us on the school run killing my kids or killing a kid near us

im a boring rubbish mother and partner and I've ruined everything

If someone is late/doesn't call. They are dead/hurt.

Writing a simple email or text can take me AGES. Like a simple reply that doesn't need to be long or complicated will be deleted and rewritten a million times and I start getting stressed.

Walking into a room or asking things I feel like 0eople are watching and that I look ridiculous and they think I'm stupid. I remember things from years ago and I'm embarrassed/cringing for the rest bother day about it!

I'm so bad at explaining things! But there's some examples and it's daily I'll have something negative in my head that can sometimes consume me. Am i just being dramatic? Or is it anxiety? Does every one who has anxiety need to see a doctor? I feel stupid. Sorry for the long post!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi mica,

My name is shane! I understand how you feel 2 months ago I started getting chest pains and then I started thinking I had heart disease I still get them now ive been to doctors a handfull of times and they done a few tests but it all came back clear I still think I have somthing wrong with my heart and its driving me insane thats all I think about and its robbing. me of all the things I used to love doing because I feel so down I just cant be myself! Ive done a lot of research and I think it may well be anxiety! Im an anxious character anyways so this could me anxiety and nothing more! Im having a holter monitor put on me tuesday to measure my heart for any unusual signs. I think what you are having is anxiety driven too! Just try to relax I know its easier said then done but take deep breaths and relax nothing is going to happen to you or your family! Its just your mind running away on its own accord. Hope this helps mica just drop us a private message if you wanna chat always happy to help out

• Posted

Hi Mica,

Please don't feel stupid, rubbish or boring - you are not alone!

I completely understand where you are coming from and feel exactly the same. I am constantly thinking that the worst will happen to me and leave my daugter without a Mum. I have been to see a doctor and he diagnosed me with anxiety, he has given me some medication - propanalol which I take when I feel I need it.  This helps with the feelings of anxiety and nervousness but it does not stop my brain from working overtime and all the distressing thoughts as well as the aches and pains I am getting. I went back to the doctors and he  referred me for counselling so I am currently on the waiting list for this.  I try and get through each day by keeping positive, think of all the good things that you have and try and keep your mind busy by enjoying these.  If you can try and look back on the things that you worried about yesterday e.g storm Doris and think, you worried about that and nothing happened then it may help a little.  I am here if you need to talk

• Posted

Hi Mica

This sort of thong can creep on you and it's difficult to understand why. 

1stly you are not stupid at all. This kind of thing is so so common. You would be suprised at the amount of people who go through this kind of anxiety on a daily basis.

You dont have to see a doctor but i think it would help you get your life and thoughts back to some kind of normality which can only be a good thing.

Last year i was in a similar place and i went to GP. After a good chat he advised me to pick up a leaflet on talking health. Which you can self refer on line.

It took about 4 days for them to get back to me and i started CBT two weeks later.

It was hard the first visit i was like a jibbering wreck .. couldnt sit still or get my words out.. It was nothing he had not seen before and the first assessment went well. I had six all together and it was definatley the best move i had made in a long time.

I realised that it is actually normal to fear all the things and worry about family and tragedies but i was more excesive in my thoughts. Which a lot of people do.

So if you can get the courage to go and see your GP and get the help to get your life back on track and enjoy your beautiful family.

On a lighter note last year i would have been having the same thoughts as you about Storm Doris.. Whére as now i was on annual leave and just thought it's wet and windy glad im indoors.

There is life after anxiety and obsessive thoughts.

You are normal with just a blip that can be ironed out..

Keep strong , keep positive 

Appointment booked for your GP and start enjoying life again xxx

😊 

• Posted

Thank you for your replies. I think I will do a self referral I have a leaflet somewhere that the doctor gave me when I was feeling depressed (one thing after another) though I feel the depression is being managed, the anxiety is very much there.

My son is going camping for two nights at the end of next month. My heart flutters when I think of it and the thoughts I'm having are so bad it's breaking my heart already. I hope I can talk to someone before then X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.