Triggers of afib

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone ever had a stuffed up nose during a afib attack or have a stuffed up nose as a trigger ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Yes I appear to always have a stufed up nose and swelling on my right side of face,which I'm sure is blocked sinnus.and only have had this since afb.

• Posted

Hi, I don't suffer it as a symptom of afib but I DO currently have a blocked nose due to having a cold and it's causing me to catch my breath while trying to get to sleep. Because that happens when I'm having an 'episode' due to my irregular heart beat during this, I can't differentiate between the two when I'm trying to get to sleep. I think I gave myself a panic attack last night worrying about it.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I get a blocked nose, sometimes I notice that and then when I check my pulse find im in A-FIB so the blocked nose has been the thing which has alerted me to the A-FIB onset unless its crazy rate A-FIB and then of course you notice the shortness of breath and hammering heart rate etc immediately.

I did think initially it was the beta blocker I had been put on Bisoprolol that was the cuase of the blocked nose but have now after analysing it found it is definately a symtpom of the A-FIB itself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.