Anxious

Posted , 2 users are following.

Following a MRI on my neck due to thumping in my left ear with was clear they accidentally saw something in my nasal symmetry had a camera put up my nostril on weds and have to get a biopsy done in 2 weeks .. very worried incase it's cancer

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that! I know it is hard but try not to worry. I went through a similar event, but I could not breath through one side of my nose my ears were fine. Had a ct then camera and found obstruction in my right side sinus. Long story short had first surgery while awake and they were unable to get it all out, the biopsy came back as an inverted papilloma. (aggressive no cancerous tumor) grows inward and destroys tissue and bone, has a pretty high reoccurance rate if all not take out and has a risk of becoming cancerous . I went throuth a second surgery (under general this time) all of it was removed along with my ethmoids (ethmoidectomy) and my upper and middle trubanite and a maxillectomy. I am a year out no sign of anything returning and no ill effects from surgery. In fact after the surgery I didn't even use any painkillers it was not fun but not terrible either. I wish you the best and try not to worry there are lots of things that can cause issues besides cancer. I have been throught the biopsy wait 3 times now once for a bcc and twice for my nose. Just remain strong .

• Posted

Going in on the 14th for biopsy hoping it's nothing bad my allergies are playing up runny nose watery eyes I'm hoping it's all coming from that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.