Anxiety and Panic attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had severe anxiety and Panic disorder for over 8 yrs, was taking venaflaxine and diazepam until recently. Got weaned off venaflaxine which is the hardest thing I've ever done, nasty side effects, shakes, nausea, vertigo and extremely confused.

Started taking citalopram 20mg 2 weeks ago but keep reading about side effects.

Not really sure how I feel at the moment and still have xanax when needed.

Any advice??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Taygun, Everyone experiences different side effects with Cit and some have none at all.  The first 2 weeks are usually the worst, when it can actually make your anxiety worse, so you should be through the worst of it by now.

Some people feel the benefits after 4 weeks, but it is taking me longer.  I've been on them 9 weeks. Again this various between people.

Go easy on yourself. Try and relax when you can, get a bit of exercise, eat well and get plenty of rest.

That's what I'm trying to do and when I'm able to take the pressure of myself I do start to feel batter.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Anna,

Doc put me up to 40mg yesterday and said that i should see a dramatic improvement in my mood. Feeling positive..

keep in touch!

• Posted

Great! Sounds positive.  I'm thinking i might need to up my dose from 20 mg to maybe 30 or 40 mg because although my anxiety is a lot better I'm not back to my old self, but not sure if I just need more time on 20 mg or whether the dose isn't strong enough.

Let me know how you get on with the 40 mg.

• Posted

Hi taygun. How's the increase to 40 going?

I've been on 40 for two weeks. Side effects, no appetite, sweating and jittery.

What about you? Hope it's turned out positive for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.