Pain in hip joint

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Hope everyone is well

Just a quick question and it may sound silly but how do you know if you have dislocated your hip? Im 3 and a half weeks post op and this is the first day the joint is painful.

Thanks in advance for your replies as I'm a bit panicked

Donna

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles but none of us here are medically trained and we can't give you any advice about your problems. I'd suggest you call you GP or go to your local A&E. Good luck and i hope you get yourself sorted.

• Posted

Hi there,

Denise is absolutely right to suggest you seek medical advice.  Hopefully it's just the healing process, but better to be safe than sorry.  Good luck x

• Posted

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear you are suffering. I dislocate all of the time. That is part of my condition. I did my shoulder in bed last week. But I wouldn't like to say to you how it is as everyone will feel different. I have to get my husband and son to help put my joints back in because I would be in hospital too much of not.

I hope you are on the mend soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.