thorasic disc herniation symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys 

after many months of locating a cause for my left side radiating discomfort it was discovered i have a herniated(thorasic) disc at T6/T7 ... i also have some at the lumbar region however my doctor says its the thorasic disc,s that are the problem 

however the discomfort i can live with .. its the stomach problems which are so annoying .. for example first thing in the morning its ok but mid morning my stomach is ( well its hard to explain ) .. its like having the biggest melon in your stomach and feeling off fullness ( allthough i havent eaten ) 

however after my main meal ( approx 12-30pm ) i feel better .. also when ive eaten and with the stomach being full i can feel it on my left side ( like the stomach,s pushing against the affected thorasic nerves ) 

i even think i can feel my gallbladder but again this is typical with thorasic disc herniations ( which are misdiagnosed for gallstones,ulcers and even heart attacks ) 

my current meds are gabapentin ( 6 x 100mg daily ) and lidocaine patch ( one daily ) ... i also found that salonpas patches also help .. 

has anyone experienced similar symptoms and what was the treatment ( if any ) for these 

cheers 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried omeprazole tablet s I have to take them everyday as other meds will take a toll on the linen of yr stomach, also nerve endings play a big part
    • Posted

Thanks Jessica

I did take omeprazole however I stopped as it was making me feel sick, but I was also taking other meds then,and had just finished detoxing off methadone after 8 years use,so as you can imagine my body was going through alot both physically and mentally

I also think you hit the nail on the head about the nerve endings. ..since the thoracic nerves radiate around the torso and over the stomach it makes sense the stomach would be affected

I will speak to my doctor about taking omeprazole again. .another option would be ratinadine which is a older but still effective med

Thanks for your feedback

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.