Recovery before playing golf

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had THR on my left side 2 1/2 weeks ago, and after a few painful / uncomfortable days and nights, i feel i'm well on the road to recovery, walking resonable well with one stick, some slight pain in the actual joint area but nothing like it was prior to the operation.

I'm a keen golfer and maanged to play right up to my operation, albeit in agony. what i would like to know is, can anyone advise how long i should refrain from playing golf or practice swinging, i had a target date in mind of firat week in April but i'm not sure if that sounds feasable.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It depends on the approach ( posterior, anterior, lateral ) and what restrictions for movement the doctor has you under.

I would discuss your game plan with your doctor and physical therapist, who would know your particular situation better.

Regards,

Sandy

• Posted

Your surgeon would be the best person to consult about this. He knows you and your condition. It takes quite awhile for your bones and soft tissues to heal properly and strongly enough to withstand the extra stresses of doing sports.
  • Posted

My USA surgeon said to wait about 2-3 months. Then gain I was 65

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.